RE: LF: Re: 137 + 500

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: 137 + 500
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 04:23:33 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Very good Mal - wish I could throw some RF out back at you but kinda dodgy from 7000kms away with the dry season in Alaska - must be one of only a few hobbies where a fire extinguisher is needed whilst transmitting   Im a receiver only but it would be great to hear or see your signal.

The path to Eu is right over the Alaska and Talkeetna ranges so whose knows, but certainly more difficult at 500 than 137 - just the way of it I guess. - the K9AY on LF/MF is E/W firing and very quiet, well, pretty quiet but I have more work to do.

Still a bit light even at night but things accerlerate darkness wise and we have nearly 6 mins shorter days now and snow already on the local mountains just a couple of Clicks away. Let me know where you are going to fire up - grabs would be http://kl1x.com/dx00000.jpg and if I hear you audibly Ill record it.

Here in China is definately still summer and high qrm from that storm system to the N of Japan and storms to my South. Best dx from here on 500 is Shanghai radio would you believe some 1000kms to my South. 500K qrm is 30 over at the moment and obviously worse on 137...

Looks like Ill be in KH6 in late Sept and XE in early Nov, and back in KL7 for Christmas and new year - work wise so more opportunities -

5ookHz still active here and XSV just did a 19 mins past the hour TTT nav bcst. Their transmitter was just about unreadble and same for their other transmitters - all need a bit of work.

cheers