Re: LF: WSPR on LF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR on LF
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:49:42 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=H6ziZftNgKbd9jdSJbSROF2/GcvxUoFUJX0qTmoc+xUeGngSg+XhsHaszKm96EKjqp14pKX+4oR64fCcCkE8B2XoURh2V1qXLibiFmvdjSediC6uKS4V4jGyo4m63hpoq26NExLtIiFWheCkCAwpntSW4ohc2OMEqEj5Vw7CE74= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]

Dear Dave, LF Group,

The problem with this part of the band is that it gets very severe QRM from SXV and the sidebands of HGA22, making it fairly useless for weak-signal reception in Europe. Last winter, a number of stations including M0BMU used frequencies centered on 137.5kHz for WSPR, which worked quite well since this is also reasonably well spaced from DCF39's sidebands - it is even in the "digital modes" part of the band plan!

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>