RE: LF: Tree mixing

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Tree mixing
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:16:12 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

Dennis - The TV transmitter had an ERP of some 17Kw only - so yes transmitters located in the trees would have many orders of magnitude higher fields. Luckily the Tx was shutdown on around Jan 85 (from memory) - all I did was move the "fixed service" antennae down 1 metre and the problem dissapeared. The alternate was to remove some of the bark from the Chestnut tree but that would be close to a Trunk call. No really  -Acacia so far have been the best of any tree Ive tried at assisting probes which I couldnt shove up in the clear for whatever reason. We appear to have Acacias in every Continent save Antarctica though even there I did see a few plants that looked similar in some of the scientists rooms (!)

The only question I had was why was the Horse Chestnut the only tree affected ? I didnt get into looking around the base of the tree nor what was being carried up the trunk by Osmodic action - but there are some quarries nearby and maybe it was something to do with the type of water/material that was being pulled up via the cambium layer and thats where the "action" was taking place. I dunno but it was in Spring and the tree was active..just maybe there was an old piece of barbed wire embedded under the bark I couldnt see -

I have to say Ive seen nothing negative with LF loop fields in Cottonwoods/Birches by way of reradiation - we did look at increases at temperature of branches and ground underneath the XDW loop running close to 1.2Kw @ 137Khz  using handheld laser guided thermometers but I saw nothing to indicate we were inductively (sic) heating the sap/wood, or for that matter the ground beneath the loop. Well nothing I could detect as the sinking affect from the mass was pretty large, but it shouldnt be completely discounted in my view -

Cheers - (and apologies to others)

Laurence - Tianjin _  Sunny - China 31C
We2XPq Wasilla Alaska

> > ...5 miles from the TV transmitter
> Quite distant, so the fieldstrengh transmitting with "amateur power" into antennas directly supported by trees will be clearely higher sometimes.
>
> > ...Ill leave you to guess how I cleared the problem...
> My first idea was to shot down the TV TX and move it to another place with clear takeoff without any tree ;)
>

> > youll know my respect for the globally dispersed Acacia tree and how
> > marvellous it is as enhancer of LF signals wrt probes -
> > so perhaps the trees speak more than we really think at RF...
> Really, or You are kidding?
>

> vy73
> Dennis
> DL6NVC
>

> --
> Neu: GMX Doppel-FLAT mit Internet-Flatrate + Telefon-Flatrate
> für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!* http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now. =