LF: Loop (was Re: IGBT in 136 KHz TX?)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Loop (was Re: IGBT in 136 KHz TX?)
From: Warren Ziegler <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:20:43 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=HUhxAMGDDLnwTJlgnJQEy8GQVky9ScQ9gpn21cjzP9Y=; b=ctJrnvwP2MB4t/1AvVGcMU+VNSBGgx8fu51ZB2t6fohNvuEj89KNY/WHJkk80Z2PId nWU0SxhNX8uh7AEbaZ9WEUzeVkL8DKm49xjfgQNRdkcOeiBcIvFzhNV82goQA/Dakau6 Cmc9vbZRKHr8IzAQejcI0gkG+uWVHI/pfGozI=
Sender: [email protected]
Laurence,

        What do you think is the upper power limit for a loop using
coaxial cable as a conductor?
I've run about 1.3 kW into my loop made up of one turn RG-11 and one
turn RG-214 (both turns parallel as in your case).
Once one of the coax conductors came into contact with wet leaves near
the feed point and began to burn through the insulation and the leaves
- the first indication was erratic aerial currrent.

       I'm thinking of running two Deccas into a combiner but not sure
if the loop insulation is sufficient.

--
73 Warren K2ORS
                WD2XGJ