Re: LF: Re: 137khz RX-Test

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 137khz RX-Test
From: H Schnait <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:41:40 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Gerhard,

OE5ODL can put out a respectable signal whenever you want. I can help set up a sked, if you reply to my email adress (just google my callsign).

73 Heinz, OE5EEP

Gerhard Hickl schrieb:
Hello James and the group!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I can't copy your signal in the
moment, let's hope for the evening/night.

I'm using my shortwave-antenna, a 55m long endfed wire in about 12m
height as antenna for lf. it's connected to the unsymmetrical input of
the Selective Level Meter. I think using this antenna is the first
problem. Another one ist that I don't have a preamp yet. The 2nd antenna
is a resonant frame antenna with about 1m diameter. Unfortunately I
haven't managed to bring it outside somehow and so I'm using it in the
shack which gives me a lot of QRM, especially from the tube-monitor
(n*75Hz vert. frequenzy).

The Level Meter only has a 22Hz and a 3.1khz filter. I just can use the
3.1 filter which gaves me lot of QRM from DCF39. I have tuned to 137.15
becasue I found that this qrg is quiet (-107dbm) compared to some 100Hz
up and down where the noise level is up to -92dbm. I think this noise is
produced by the carrier of DCF39 somehow.

As you may have noticed, I'm a LF beginner and it seems I have to work
on the sensitivity of my equipment. I'm living 30km north of Vienna and
I think QRN and QRM is not so bad here.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks a lot
and 73 de OE3GHB