LF: Modelling aerials

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Modelling aerials
From: Richard Newstead <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 20:16:47 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Dear MFers

I am trying to model various aerial configurations for 500kHz using NEC. I have set the antenna 0.5m above ground as NEC2 does not like radials on the ground. I have used "real ground". Has anyone compared the calculated Source impedances to real-world measurements at 500kHz? I am trying to understand the likely range of impedances that I need to match over and hence the ATU types I need to employ and the components needed.

Any modelling tips will be welcome.

73

Richard
G3CWI