LF: 500kHz update

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 500kHz update
From: Richard Newstead <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 21:29:53 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Dear all

I have been making some progress towards 500kHz portable. Tonight I made a 500kHz preamp which has a very lightly coupled preselector. It was quite a challenge getting this resonant with a 50pF trimmer and padding capacitors (and no proper test gear). However, it now works and the S meter is reading for the first time ever on 500kHz. If I can get it all boxed up and it is dry I may have a first foray out portable tomorrow with an inverted L.

I have order 200m of 3mm bungee cord and 200m of 3.2 mm nylon braid in preparation for kite ops. That will have to wait until another day.

I will post here before I go.

73

Richard
G3CWI