Re: LF: Deep copy...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Deep copy...
From: "dave.riley3" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:43:19 -0500
Cc: "600MRG" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

What is the expected ambient noise say
@ 600M one should expect??

I then connected to the outside antenna with no external pre-amp or any non
linear device and saw -117 dbm of noise across 10 khz. with a few weak and
floating predictable BB noises..

Like I say, just a look @ the neighboorhood in which we are engaged as stated above, there to see the DIFFERENCE between it and the outside noise...

In today's case was -17 dbm delta... Tonight it may be -27 dbm or so... Lotsa places for weak signals to hide, even without Turin's theorem...

It's not like I have to tweak the front end by aiming this loop at the sun, thence to a quiet place in the blue sky, and then @ the ground cuz I won't see 3 different relative noise levels like with the 2' dish @ 10ghz...

Am only interested in knowing the difference between the receiver and the outside noise, pick your own parameters, say at the bandwidth that you like as zero degree K won't matter...

Right now I can get away with a Darlington pair of point contact transistors biased high into class A and still have headroom to spare, as far as front end noise figure is concerned...
The P-P Western Eklectic 417As are wasted here...

But since the outside world is so appreciably more noisey then there must be a better treatment of the antenna farm short of a full blown Wullenwebber in order to ditch the noise...

Why should a guy have to run 100 milliwatts when 10 will do?? We don't have an endless supply of carbon credits here in the colonies you know...
For now the double balanced, biased 1N34s are fine...
Tried 1N23As, no big deal... Like giving strawberrys to a donkey on 600M...

TNX until the sound of

Dave @ /17

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>