LF: Iceland BC 189kHz overdriving RX in Berlin for the first time since

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Iceland BC 189kHz overdriving RX in Berlin for the first time since Jan.16
From: "Dennis" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 03:14:30 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

2nd try...

Hi LF!

Coming back home I switched on the LW-radio, tuned to 189kHz.
Regularely observing this RUV transmitter Gufuskálar since 16.Jan.2009, it's
amazing to get "a propagation feeling" on this quite distant path. :) and to
listen to an unknown language, and to different music...

Listening 0:19UT-01:00UT, tonight it was necessary to reduce the RX
sensitivity, because the signal was stronger than usual,  overdriving the RX at
full sensitivity. For the first time reception was Q5, with only slight
interferences from the 12kHz lower DLR on 177kHz; (it's TX is only 29km away
from my home.)

Even after DLR's 177kHz swichover to DRM modulation at 01:00UT, which normally
means everything around incl. BBC4 is drowning in the terrible broadband noise,
tonight RUV remains detectable Q2 in the artificial noisefloor.

rx:  homemade trf
ant: abt. 20sqm wire-loop abt. 10m agl
qrb Hellissandur-Berlin: 2505km

So, at least, the path Berlin-Iceland seems to be much enhanced tonight.
Watch out for DX on LF and MF :) :) :)

Good night
Dennis
DL6NVC

PS: I'm sorry for posting twice. Keyboard problems.

--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a