Re: LF: More WSPRing

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: More WSPRing
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:49:07 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=B6qIEy/7h8j/na8eCLRz8epFXjnNgTojhVJfBGpIr9c=; b=R2O+q2nhT4K2fQJ8UMuxfG5/iNFEt7INCF1FZRroPrhWi3UoyKElXZWfgv11Jy6LZ2 SDRtTJ9LhBE9xydOPDJqq1VUtobBnmnKsSMGGlMvfVkAqZQdutnJZR29KqHg2f8PLlRN 8F2Jn0Qg4LDhSZ4l0e7USi2tGzncRGx1lH9gU=
Sender: [email protected]
I already have probably one of the simplest (not sure about cheapest )
5MHz monitoring stations.   Active whip feeding into an SDR-lite Rx
feding into a cheap boot-sale (£20 quid) laptop.  It doesn't need
internet conenction for 5MHz logging, but could have it if needed.

The only proviso is that the monitoring software ideally has I/Q
stereo channel inputs to give the sideband isolation, which many
laptops don't have.   For narrowband purposes, a simple RC phasing
network can be used instead (see RadCom Data column a few months ago.
 For 500kHz with a ferrite rod, an even simpler Rx ought to be
feasible.

Andy  G4JNT
www.g4jnt.com