LF: Ultra pico-low-power WSPR beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Ultra pico-low-power WSPR beacon
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:37:28 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=IOd9FP0poDGMOuWcrTnWPMlrRMtBcJ+3De1xKg89uuE=; b=QThGFtNT5RC56BjkDLCxyqVEUHSx3v/THufYTksPqZuFxcAkaFXiOrFppptNJdiTXX L3j43a9W1OcLN2s4o9aj0v6FabOhRfAtaGh5UPE+bISkPY4OABSPnbYPZvTtFzsIDx17 BZiq94mF4qARFTzg0Tr6Z3KFCBSgm5nKehwGw=
Sender: [email protected]
Just for a bit of novelty, I'm running probably the lowest power WSPR
signal seen on this band.   Frequency 503.87kHz (set the usual USB
carrier 502.4) RF power is -2dBm, so ERP is in the region of -27dBm.
Duty cycle 33% (well, actually, 34.375%, but who's counting)

Judging by some of the WSPR reports on my signal when runing 100 Watts
in the past, a few local stations may just be able to decode it.

As for PN sequences, I admited defeat and just wrote down a series of
ones and zeros then played with them till they looked right and had
the correct numbers of each in a  32 bit pattern (which is why 33% and
20% duty cycle values aren't spot-on)
On the assumptuin that its not random at all, why try to generate
other than by eye?

Interesting to know Joe had a similar headache over this issue, Scott.
 Clearly it isn't a 'mountain out of a molehill' problem after all.

Andy  G4JNT
www.g4jnt.com