RE: LF: Costa Rica Ops TI3

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Costa Rica Ops TI3
From: Alvaro de Leon Romo <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:24:31 -0600
Sender: [email protected]
Laurence do you know the city you will be ?
Thanks
Al XE2AT

From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:15:06 -0900
Subject: LF: Costa Rica Ops TI3

Ill be running LF/MF rx operations from Costa Rica from appx 15-20th March 2009 from CATIE (Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education Center) Turrialba Centro Costa Rica whilst I refurb the HF commercial station there for Raleigh International, the Youth Development charity.

I was last there in 2003 on LF http://www.kl1x.com/costa.jpg and this time I wont have the loop but will be using a probe - but Im expecting better things than last time as weve figured out a few tricks to improve the s/n/. Rx will be SDR IQ and PA0RDT probe plus LDF's, which are an easier transit as Ill be in and out via China -

This location afforded an excellent path to Eu and Americas'  on LF and even though we were surrounded by volcanic mountains I managed to work Argentina on 6m nearly every night last time around. The coasts arent that far away either side...

I wont have Tx (I think) but call will be as then TI3/ KL 1 X

From June or so this coming year it looks like Ill be working out of Abu Dhabi A61 for a while - no chance of a license there so it seems but will try to get the rx system on line.

Laurence BY3A/ KL1 X, G4DMA

Messenger es más que solo chatear. Conoce todo lo que puedes hacer! =