Re: LF: Razor blade RX .... Try a Cohere?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Razor blade RX .... Try a Cohere?
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 23:59:34 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Hajo and LF

But you still have the issue of Hi Impedance headphones. A Coherer allows you to switch a light or buzzer on and off. They are amazing in free state they have a very high DC resistance (virtually open circuit) and once they cohere it is virtually a dead short. But may be not as sensitive as a rusty nail detector!

There is a report of UK to Gibraltar using a 2.5kW Sparker on 350m and the RX being a Coherer. Not bad for Mechanical Radio!

73 petefmt