LF: WSPR - G0NBD vs M0BMU

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: WSPR - G0NBD vs M0BMU
From: "Lee Hudson" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 00:42:32 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE:Thread-Index:Importance; b=KJGT6DE8FaIj6bEExTJmJGNByGd1yY/5Bw7xA6zRucCtTvw09jhlLMLz1h+GbOwz/EGfdC8UfLQ74PttWDPVZoC12GjeTnNDt/0ji0v19AZDKOydhYt57J9tbrUxM8YGvqPRI9CLWTRvJDg3ti26AJCR6XtwjsvVJf6zizJMsVk= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
I've just watched Jim and Grahams transmissions both in the same slot for
four periods. And all decoded OK.
At a rough guess Grahams transmission was 1500ms shorter in duration than
Jims.
Thus confirming Jims tedious findings.

This constitues a reasonable bit rate error.

I suppose over a longer period of receiving Grahams signal will tend to
produce more erroneous data and be rejected.
Pulling out the antenna early has limited this accululating error.

The converse is probably true on receive, just how long are stations really
receiving for.
And the net total of both transmission and reception timing errors between
two specific stations yeild this odd outcome where, some stations
combinations receive consistently fine, while others struggle.
Stations that clearly see multiple transmissions, yet fail to decode any are
probably suffering a receive frame timing error.

The questions maybe how much of a timing discrepancy is WSPR prepared to
tolerate.
And/or does it make any attempt to phase lock onto the data stream presented
(if so what's the pull in range).

Just some thoughts for the cooking pot.

73,
Lee M0LMH.