LF: QRS V DIGITAL

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: QRS V DIGITAL
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 10:39:01 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Jim and Co
Following the recent discussion and your observations about WSPR and JT65. I am still of the opinion, all things considered like simplicity, bandwidth, signal over noise and transfer of information that QRS3 is to date the most suitable mode for LF and MF.  The variant DFCW would speed up the exchange of info.
Even with QSB enough info is usually exchanged to make a QSO viable.
One way to minimise the QSB is to increase power and 100w erp would not be excessive.
QRS 3/2/1 and DFCW are the most suitable for this application, given the power constraints especially in the UK at present.
Monitoring recent WSPR and JT65 transmissions and waiting for a decode I could see the traces clearly before any printout  and had the transmission been on QRS 3, I could have read a message several times over on the waterfall display.
73 and HNY de Mal/g3kev