LF: 136kHz activity

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 136kHz activity
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:32:44 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=fDXNLyflSTvW3CtLdr030YJD1TIYJsl2pXKk8sr0QCOlHctis4mtP55J1RCd+abWSBFt9N9/9Dq1WK5jFqlTsY4/q/aas16KDEnAkY6eVXYJ3c/KRP8GRHwWZsAYxI1wB5FcULCtbdviA3WLT8IhHG/BfYipsYNSl5DF1BXclN8= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF Group,

Was QRV on 136kHz this evening for the first time in quite a while - Thanks
for the QSOs to RU6LA, DK4U (complete with Christmas decorations!) and
F4DTL, who is a new station for me. Ed's signals were peaking at about S3
here. I also saw QRSS signals from EW6GB, OK2BVG, and RN3AGC.

The station here was running about 800W into my usual inverted L, propped up
to about 13m high in the middle. Due to some as-yet undiagnosed fault in the
tuner (it was too dark and wet to do much about it), antenna current was a
bit low at around 3A, and ERP was probably a bit less than 0.5W.

The QRN level was quite low, which was helpful - Is it just me, or are the
sidebands from DCF39 stronger at the top edge of the band than they used to
be?

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU