LF: MF RF

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: MF RF
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:17:34 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
All
For years we all suffered on 160 m with 10watts, having a QSO was hit and miss even over short distances and dx was a miracle except one had an exceptionally big antenna, which helped.
Then we were permitted 400watts at the low end of the band and what a difference that makes. Having a dx QSO is now normal and reliable even under poor propagation condx. It gives the operator the flexibility to use the required power to suit the QSO,  ie for local QSO'S drop down to a sufficient power level to maintain contact and overcome the QSB, when you hear the dx turn it so that he hears you.
73 mal/g3kev