Re: LF: Re: 3C85/90 Toroids

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 3C85/90 Toroids
From: "wil - pa0bwl" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:30:07 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi folks,

In my 137 kHz tx I also had an output filter. Trying to use all kind of
ferrites I noticed that they normally get rather warm (or hot with the
wrong type of ferrite) if I used it for some longer transmissions.
>From that point on I used air based coils.
If I am not mistaken: 56 turns 0,7 mm wire on a piece 40 mm pvc tube with
a cap on one end to fix the coil to the bottom of the tx chassis.

If somebody is interested I can dig out the coils from my junkbox to
verify the data ....

btw. I will be retired in a month. You can expect me back on 137 kHz after
that event!

73 Wil - pa0bwl