Re: LF: G4WGT 500 KHz Grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G4WGT 500 KHz Grabber
From: Mike WE0H <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 12:44:53 -0600
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=pCYS7B8knOu8NbUr0Pfsxs0S1Qm19LhjQ2xxx/JOMCnRq1vtKy8QcjIvH8VYig2FHNeIh0hSBNUxc7IZBInukONsXa1Lj4Vw4j7C58IqhyiAzCeWJgxo9xC1+xFmubwVkQI65UZa5ccKb8Vjf9Sg8Gx2QI3DpvwTjHhSn5opHA8= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Gary,

That will work fine. Conditions were different last night. I noticed the band got shorter as the night progressed. The guys over here will keep trying. We will never know unless we try. Just like a HF band supposedly being dead but when a contest starts up, the band has lots of DX...

73
Mike
WE0H
/16

Gary - G4WGT wrote:
Hi, Mike, LF,

Earlier I wrote :-

Tonight I will switch the grabber to the main 500 KHz tuned 12m vertical
for
overnight grabs, it should be better than the active antenna.

Well I tested it out & found that with the SDR Lite the main antenna is not
as good as the active antenna (Mini-Whip).

I have a balanced loop (G3LNP) which has been a good  Rx antenna, I will dig
it out in the next few days & test it on the SDR for 500KHz TA reception.

Meanwhile the grabber will retain the small split centred on 507.4KHz.

Gary - G4WGT.

Although it was not on line last night I have looked at the saved captures
this morning but no signs of anything for your side.

Tonight I will switch the grabber to the main 500 KHz tuned 12m vertical for
overnight grabs, it should be better than the active antenna.

Cheers,

Gary - G4WGT.