Re: LF: RE: SDR for 136k / 500k

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: SDR for 136k / 500k
From: "John RABSON" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 11:05:56 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Chris, Mike,

Many thanks.  I intended to send directly to Jim, but forgot to change the To:
field.  Yes, the colours are as you describe.

Regarding getting the polarity the wrong way round, in the mid-1960s one of my
colleagues was called upon to design a power supply with 12 V output at some
amps.  The output capacitance required was a quarter of Farad made up of 25 x
1000 µF capacitors connected by busbars.  The prototype came back from the
workshop and he plugged it in.

At point he realised two things: (1) the workshop had got every one of the
capacitors wrong way round and (2) the mains switch for his bench was located
behind the unit under test.  He walked quickly toward the big red button at the
end of the lab but didn't get there quickly enough.  There was a colossal bang
and we had a well-decorated ceiling.

73
John F5VLF