Re: LF: ADSL

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ADSL
From: Mike-WE0H <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:32:05 -0600
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=jh0U0LzRJcVdImXZfjGCWMfzqaPRygHaUZWCqg8md3AqvNyu4mm/agHJmsrIgWEHUv82WZVT62nlW/tFph9F+Z/zAE2Sdd/2Y1cbDdAterTnTuLE/yXlayJ9JOVqlrv1wJlOvDy3/w3qlGwLRAv9r5VgVDi+OrcN2VmxcdJkI08= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Funny hearing of those moose up there. Lets see some cool pictures...hi hi...I have eliminated all noise here after a few years screwing around with this & that. Now I am rewarded with a S-0 noise floor on 600m and not a peep of noise on the HF bands. It was S-9 plus before I started. The LF band noise floor is limited by the Baudette Loran splatter station. 1750 is pretty good, 2200m is terrible with splatter. I haven't tried a 100kc notch filter yet.

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Mike
WE0H
/16

flo wrote:
Sounds good Mike - Ive managed to mitigate DSL and other  internal to abode SMSPU  noise that was making its way up the coax towards the antennae before but that's been in concrete/brick with metal framed building where I could dump all the noise from the internal side of the property by connecting the coax to the frame of the building. -this isnt possible here given the typical frame build thou. - I have thoughts of getting at the frame reinforcing but that doesn't extend very far up the house...

Another MOooose visit today trying to get at the bird feed for the Chickadees...

Laurence
KL 1 X Wasilla