Re: LF: 500 noise - Rik: Yep its in the house!

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 500 noise - Rik: Yep its in the house!
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 17:42:17 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=jnjLKfUvZitFIgyYXF0tOzsJS4F1H65Omj9IGT2OCOBzESS/4Tdj1t8gkiNDd/3xTrQWSoMdpP8ZGqn0b4JRYNIiABrw7l2EWkhOn9hH1r4vkvzGPxnY0LwWIyRJEHCPreFhR+lo7cEHMrHe6Us1UEp3ao4ew56d7Mojlj3apm8= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Peter, Early in the days of switched-mode power supplies we found on LF that
those units left on standby often emit more interference than when they are
actually switched on. I have fallen foul of a PC power supply problem only
because it drifted into 136 when its fan failed and it got hot. Checks by
switching it on did not indicate a problem, only switching it off after it
had come into the band, triggered the understanding. Glad you sorted it.
Most of these kind of problems can exist in your own premises because the
field drops quite quickly as you mose away from the source and its radiating
mains cable (aerial)....though you are probably in range of next-doors
rubbishy equipment too :-((

Well done, I hope that puts some of the pleasure back in to LF/MF for you.
Cheers de Alan G3NYK