Re: LF: OR7T 579 in IO91UX Loud!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: OR7T 579 in IO91UX Loud!
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:26:07 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Pete,

what power / ERP were you running ?
When conditions are good (good propagation, low QRN) 10mW ERP should be enough for a basic CW QSO.
Yesterday a QRSS QSO was possible, your signal was a solid "O".

BTW: last night I was running 270W output power, antenna current 2.15A. The calculated (simulated) radiation resistance is 0.42 Ohm and the antenna "gain" 1.4dBd, so my theoretical ERP was about 2.7W (close to the legal limit of 5W EIRP), but I guess that quite a bit of power is absorbed by the greenery surrounding the antenna. So the real ERP might be something like 1.5 to 2W ERP.

73, Rik  ON7YD