Re: LF: RE: SK6RUD and a mystery signal

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: SK6RUD and a mystery signal
From: Ian Marsh <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:35:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello all,

Unless someone is mucking about, John's "T T T CQ CQ CQ" signal would be transmitted by a marine coast station. TTT was/is sent on 500 kHz to announce a navigation or gale warning which would then be broadcast on a working frequency. China plus one or two others may still be using 500 kHz, so from a DX angle it would be interesting to know where the signal originated.

I'm hoping to sort out some sort of Rx antenna for 500 kHz shortly. Location is near Penrith, Cumbria.

73s

Ian

G4EXD

John Pumford-Green GM4SLV wrote:
Lubos,

Yes it's interesting.

Last season I remember hearing a short "T T T CQ CQ CQ" on 500, never
repeated. Then there was the XJ/ÖX thing early this year, now a "VVV
TEST"

There are some odd things out there!

Cheers,

John