LF: 1W ERP LF/MF

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 1W ERP LF/MF
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:36:12 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
1 Watt erp on 137 khz seems to go a lot further than on 500 khz. Look at the worldwide  achievements on 137 over the past several years.
Translantic contacts galore in both directions, regular EU daytime contacts, and one UK station heard in ZL land.
I think we are flogging a dead horse on 500 with 1W ERP except under exceptional Propagation conditions, which happens once in a while.
The permitted power to those licenced  in EU is more realistic 5 - 10W, its just a pity some are restircted to BEACON mode.
Now back to 160 dxing, call me on 1830 khz, all callers welcome. You still need a good antenna, modified flag poles are poor performers and even worse on 500.

G3KEV