LF: RE: 500KHz NoV

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: 500KHz NoV
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:22:34 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Lee,

As one of my roles as RSGB HF Manager I assist Ofcom in their approval process for SRP & NoV applications.   Whilst it is certainly true that Ofcom like to see previous 136kHz experience, there are many examples where people have successfully gained their NoV for 500kHz who haven't previously been active on 136kHz.  I would therefore encourage you to make a start at 500kHz, as it is easier in terms of the aerial aspects, and then perhaps have a go at 136kHz.

I suggest that you have a look at http://www.rsgb.org/spectrumforum/mf/srp501.php if you haven't already done so.  The key things that are needed are to do with frequency control and establishing that you are operating within the ERP limit.

73 John, G3WKL