Re: LF: Finbar's Compact 500kHz Vertical

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Finbar's Compact 500kHz Vertical
From: [email protected]
Date: 14 Jun 2008 15:56 GMT
Sender: [email protected]
Dear all,

ok about this neat aerial. I have also heard GI4DPE quite often and had a crossband qso 600m/80m with him.

But is "neat" really the best way? This question causes me to put a question here on the server which I already have in my mind for a rather long time:

According to my experiments on untuned (and broadband) receiving aerials for MF SKYWAVE RECEPTION in eastern Bavaria I have got the impression that a (capacitive) MF aerial should be as high as possible (not regarding loop aerials, they may be located close to the ground, for them the loop area only counts).

Of course not everybody may be in a position to realize a MF aerial 30 meters high, as G3KEV has done, with whom I had two crossband contacts. But in general I feel that antenna height should not be disregarded. Even with equal ERP sky waves may develop better from higher aerials.

HW?

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB

"Warren Ziegler" <[email protected]> schrieb:
A very neat small antenna for 500kHz!

http://www.kc3ol.dynip.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344

--
73 Warren K2ORS