LF: Reflector problems

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Reflector problems
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:18:32 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=04iFLGAfUBFFODXy4mUZwmU2Ha4+Zk5sszAiiL1A/dxhRF3ohMOTURS9R9HBmiVbYEhHvJwDsSVFyBtPwD6HjynfPqu5RStslfs4O/jxpw8ATRlf4y0FfBJZ2BYxqWDMcraaotNVukWr8X8WuwpeQQHDsLMBeH9Qh4kaRsTqqKk= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all, I think thanks to a comment from David I may have realised what has
happened on the reflector.....I think the parameters may have been changed
within the last few months....probably as a further defence against the
growing tide of spam. There is a danger if we unkowingly reflect these
messages that we will get blacklisted by other isps. This happened to John
Davis who runs the LowFer list at LWCA and cause many hours of work solving
the probles and keeping the list flying when they were using majordomo
software.

It is likely that messages containing hyperlinks or fragments that look like
commands may not be reflected. there is no error messge the messgae is just
dumped by the controller software. If anyone has further trouble I am happy
to try and collate reports and channel them through to the webmaster. I
suggest reports directly to my personal address alan.melia (at)
btinternetdottcom ...you will know how to enter that munged address
correctly.

To Dave's comment I dont think Yahoo is any better it has had some pretty
bad problems over the last year or so, and there is quite a lot of
resistance to their intrusive registration data requirements. I have also
been trying to get them to sort out a faulty spam filter system for 9 months
now (it worked brilliantly for 5 years and the suddenly started trapping
messages from approved addresses despite intensive "retaining" ) and they
will not reply to messages with anything sensible. At least I think we can
get this one sorted now (I hope !!)

Cheers de Alan G3NYK