Re: LF: Re: Re: 500 LISTEN

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: 500 LISTEN
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:49:53 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

One more thing...sunset here is now at 2333Zzzzzzz.

And the periods of best propagation recently have been in the 0200-0400 UTC range. The late hour is not only discouraging from the U.K. side, but late enough that QRN from the thunderstorm-active part of the U.S. easily reaches up to the northeast where Jay is located.

> Keep in mind I'm running about 1 kW to a 90' tall antenna.

That explains the RF burns I've been getting with my transmitter off.

John Andrews, W1TAG