Re: LF: Testing upgraded 500KHz system -- reports tks

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Testing upgraded 500KHz system -- reports tks
From: "Mark" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:34:01 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Roman, Nicolas
Thanks for the reports guys Sure was weak Roman, hope stronger on the other antenna, but does look like it may have been me. a little more work to interface the PC, then I can have the system in beacon mode more easily.
10dB more power sure does get things warmer. I have killed several FETS, had
mica caps sweating wax, toroids getting so hot you can smell them and
insulators on the antenna complaining. The plus side is that I can now
strike a flourescent tube by putting it within a few cm of the antenna, and
it keeps going like a light sabre a little away from the antenna. Oh and
the signal seems to get a bit further :<)
All good fun
Regards
Mark GM4ISM IO85AR
www.dc2light.co.uk