LF: [500] GM4SLV Grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: [500] GM4SLV Grabber
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:14:39 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF.

I had a PC failure this morning - my only Windows machine, which is
only used to run Spectrum Lab for the grabber - and have been unable to
resurrect it (as yet).

I discovered happily that Spetrum Lab will run on Linux under "Wine" (a
bit like myself... Chilean Carmenere for preference),

I've set up a temporary arrangement to keep the grabber running from
this Linux box until I can kick the Windows machine into life.

The beacon transmission ongoing this weekend is obviously reducing the
grabber's usefulness, but the beacon is for the benefit of the
"NDBList" members who are providing useful reception reports during the
"Co-ordinated Listening Event" which encompasses the amateur 500kHz
allocation. It's great to have serious MF/CW/Beacon chasers listening
on the band.

Regards,

John