Re: LF: Linux (was Re: [500] GM4SLV Grabber)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Linux (was Re: [500] GM4SLV Grabber)
From: Wolfgang Büscher <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:01:18 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Warren,

I occasionally test Spectrum Lab under Linux / Ubuntu / Kubuntu and the like. The only thing which doesn't work properly is opening the help system (when opened from the main menu), but the DSP and spectrum displays work suprisingly stable. Never tried SL under Vista (and won't use that "OS" in the foreseeable future), but others reported SL works with it as long as a standard soundcard is used for input.

Cheers,
 Wolf DL4YHF .

John and the list,

Very interested in your observation about running Spectrum lab under Linux. I have recently become very fustrated with Windows after spending a considerable sum on a Windows Vista laptop.

I would be very keen on setting up a machine running some flavor of Linux (perhaps Ubuntu) and I would like to hear what the developers of ham radio signal processing have to say on this subject.

73 Warren K2ORS

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Pumford-Green GM4SLV" <[email protected]>