LF: 136

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 136
From: Laurence KL1X <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:00:37 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Laurie - yes Im pretty sure its a Loran line - our nearest transmitter is a long way from here up in China I believe.

Conditons about the same to Eu last night - not as good as two nights ago but great to see anything here!

All sorts of weak sigs seen this morning (Eu evening) - but most are too weak to read.

Repeating RA3YO's "Y" on 136.31748 (or so) Dah high, dot 0.2Hz  low a, weak qrss 136.3185, 136.3194 ish qrss, and a very slowly going LF qrss sig up (down) at 136.3205 - :-))

My dawn is around 2320z and things fall off very rapidly as you can imagine,ie its now 2348z and I can only just hear DCF39/Budapest audibly.

I have an interesting signal Ive not heard before on around 135.70 with a carrier on for 2 secs off for for 15 or so, variable off lengths - its DX'y and out to my NW as well towards W Asia and Eu.

Cranes apart from the Equatorial QRN continue to be my biggest QRM maker - we are surrounded by continuous +24 hour activity here just a mile from the centre of  Singapore city and their variable freq drives make musical racket from 30Khz up to 14MHz - awful noise. On 500Khz its noiser than 137 KHz - and nothing seen save traces of something that could have been /6 and /20
a few months back. But I keep an eye on 505.180 most nights

Noise sources on 500 KHz  are "timer" related to local swimming pool pumps that start 1 to 1.5 hours pre dawn - and stay on till way after dark spoiling USA openings somewhat.

Thanks for the signals chaps. Hi ho off to work. And apologies for swapping grabbers each night but it depends on which receiver I  task/assign and keeps you on your toes.

Laurence 9 V1 LF Singapore
http://kl1x.com