Re: LF: QRS/Ports

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRS/Ports
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 22:31:17 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Laurie,

what version of QRS are you using (and what version of windows)?
From your description of the problem it might be caused by:

- using a Win3 version of QRS with WinXp or Vista
- another program grabbing hold of the serial port(s) before QRS does
- defective serial port

73, Rik  ON7YD

Quoting lawrence mayhead <[email protected]>:

Does anyone have experience of using a computer without RS232 for QRS.
I have tried to get an output from the 9 pin serial ports on my computer, it
appears that the -12 volts  on  the appropriate pin (pin 4 for Key ) drops
only
momentarily. If this is correct I will need a latch to hold the command
until
released. Is this the general experience or am I doing something wrong
(again ! )
Thanks 73 Laurie.