Re: LF: Re: GM4ISM 500KHz Grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: GM4ISM 500KHz Grabber
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 10:32:56 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks for the explanation John. I am a little puzzled why Mark
wanted to update every few seconds for something used to display 3
sec dot QRSS or slower where it takes several minutes for the trace
to disappear off the screen.... Your 5 minute update seems far more
sensible. And you are right, doing it from a server at home on ADSL
brings the ADSL upload speed into the equation as well, something
many people forget. Remember that 512kbits/s (NOT Mbits...)
corresponds to only 40kBYTES/s and that is dead slow for large
files....

I see now that Mark has reduced his file size and display size which
has largely solved the issue. But I am puzzled when he said the old
file was 600kB, what I downloaded was most certainly 1.2Mb!!

Sorry to hear about your antennas John, hope you soon sort it out. I
worked MM0XAU on 40m on your island yesterday and he didn't mention
storms, only lousy HF conditions..

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com