Re: LF: Fw: Experimental 500KHz grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Fw: Experimental 500KHz grabber
From: Wolfgang Büscher <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 17:11:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Mark and the group.

Thanks for the nice feature - I guess the new grabber directly uses SL's integrated HTTP server, right ?

At the moment, it seems to suffer from a bandwidth limitation, because for each user who visits the site, the server produces an own (up-to-date) image. If the traffic remains that high, it may be necessary to use the "older method" to upload the pictures to a commercially hosted website periodically (like most other grabbers do). This would greatly the bandwidth of your local internet connection (for the cost of -possibly- useless uploads if no-one visits the grabber).

Best regards, and HNY everyone,

 Wolf DL4YHF .

Mark schrieb:

Gents,
I have just put a grabber on line, access is via the MF / LF page of my website www.dc2light.co.uk <http://www.dc2light.co.uk> The system is using my main antenna, but when i can sort it out will use a ferrite rod active antenna. Receiver is a softrock lite on 500KHz. Waterfall span is 501 to 509 KHz lots of birdies as normal here :<( Any comments welcomed..
Mark GM4ISM IO85AR