LF: Draft proposals for IARU Region 1 Band Plan

To: "RSGB LF Group " <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Draft proposals for IARU Region 1 Band Plan
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 14:13:33 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
It is now about 11 months from the next triennial IARU Region 1 Conference.
This is an opportunity to gain agreement on a wide range of IARU policy and
procedure changes in our hobby.   A number of people agree that the current
comments re the 136kHz band in the Band Plan need revising to reflect the
current operating conditions.  Following the success of WRC07 in gaining
wider access for Amateurs on the band, there is also a case for adding in
some appropriate wording to reflect the increased access in the near future.

Whilst I've floated a slightly earlier version of the attached text across
one of two of those on this reflector I thought that it would be helpful to
seek wider views on the draft before I submit it to the RSGB Board for their
endorsement.

In putting forward this proposal the opportunity for other national
societies to make different proposals is not affected.  It would, however,
make the process on reaching the final agreement if there is a general
consensus on proposals being put forward.  I therefore welcome any comments,
particularly those that might affect people in Regions 2 and 3.

73 John, G3WKL
RSGB HF Manager
IARU Region 1 LF Coordinator