Re: LF: 500 grabbers

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 grabbers
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 00:11:12 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:27:17 +0000 (GMT)
Mike Thayne <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi John
> Pleased to hear from you again. I just wanted to let you know my 500
> experiments would have ground to a halt had it not been for the
> assistance you have given me in providing your Grabber.

Hello Mike, LF

It's been nice to get back in the shack and exchange some emails, even
if I can't now get on the key on 500 until the antenna is repaired.

I'm glad my grabber has been of use, despite the inability to read
full speed CW on the waterfall -hi!! Your kind words are a great source
of encouragement that I've been able to provide something of value to
the "500kHz community".

At least my hardware can be used to help others improve their stations.

This is a better use for my gear than me just turning it on for an hour
or so every few days, bashing out a few CQs and then turning it all off
again.

To have a 24/7 remote receiver showing the full band at least allows
everyone to get a rough signal report from this far flung corner of the
UK, whether I'm available or not. Of course a real QSO is great, but
for those of us with jobs and other commitments outside of amateur
radio this isn't always possible.

Hope to see you on 500 soon,

John