LF: OR7T in eastern Bavaria JN68GN

To: "LF Group RSGB" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: OR7T in eastern Bavaria JN68GN
From: [email protected]
Date: 29 Jan 2008 22:59 GMT
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Rik, dr John, and all,

this has been a busy evening also for me!

I could hear Rik audible 5 6 9 from the beginning, but from time to
time
with deep qsb, therefore from his answer to the second station he
worked
I only got the final "v" (first thought it might have been G3KEV but
not
with a RST 339 rprt).

Luckily I also had the idea to look on the server in between, so I
learnt it had been John, GM4SLV.

Around 21.30 UTC Rik had a signal up to 579 but I had to accept that he
could not listen on 80 m.

I also observed the attempts of SM6BHZ to contact OR7T.

And then I read on the screen that GM4SLV's qrg was 502.1 kHz and that
he was listening on 3551 (much clearer than 3533) vor xband contacts!

And this worked! I gave John 449 (I have heard him much better last
September and until November), he fell into deep qsb but continued to
hear me on 3551, so we could wait for his signal coming up again to
give
me 569 for my 30 watts on 80 m.

On 500 kHz I am using a broad band loop aerial with 15 meters
circumference (30uH) pointing north, coupled via transformer and cable
into the shack to a selective amplifier, followed by a selective dual
gate fet mixer converter to 14 MHz and an old TS-830s.

Now I wish Rik to solve his amplifier problems and to clear the
problems
for listening on 80 meters.