Re: LF: Antenna tests on 136k and 503k - Results

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Antenna tests on 136k and 503k - Results
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 14:26:02 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
On 9 Dec 2007 at 13:14, James Moritz wrote:

> Clearly, in these kinds of circumstances, it is
> not very meaningful to think of a LF/MF antenna just in terms of
> lengths of wire and a ground system, but the nature of the
> surroundings must be considered too.

What would be interesting is if you could quantify any differences in
the type of ground at the two QTHs. The much lower earth loss at the
open site may well be due to totally different soil characteristics
rather than solely due to the surrounding trees. I suspect here I
have the worst of both with a garden made of sand (which I reach if I
dig more than a foot down) and lots of surrounding vegetation -
producing an earth resistance of several 100 ohms.

Interesting experiments.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com