Re: LF: ULF / ELF monitoring station in Italy

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ULF / ELF monitoring station in Italy
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 20:51:18 +0000
Cc: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Andy,

     There's info on submarine transmissions on the vlf.it web site:
http://www.vlf.it/submarine/sbmarine.html

      The U.S. closed down its ELF facility in Clam Lake Wisconsin in 2004.
It's interesting to note that it took 3 Megawatts to achieve an ERP of 8 watts!

Good write up at:

http://enterprise.spawar.navy.mil/UploadedFiles/fs_clam_lake_elf2003.pdf

--
73 Warren K2ORS