LF: 136kHz IARU Region 1 Bandplan: Review of Guidelines

To: "RSGB LF Group " <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 136kHz IARU Region 1 Bandplan: Review of Guidelines
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:02:50 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Mike, G3XDV, has mentioned that the current guidelines for the band, shown
on the IARU Region 1 bandplan,  and adopted by some national society
bandplans, e.g. RSGB, are now somewhat out-of-date.  It would be timely to
review whether to remove the existing guidelines.  The current guidelines
were put into place at the San Marino Conference in 2002 and then the
general view then was that band planning was not the preference, hence the
proposals were given the status of guidelines.

The timetable that I would need to work to would be to put together some
proposals, get them formally approved by RSGB Board (sometime early next
year) as if I were proposing them they would be submitted as RSGB proposals
and then the paper would be submitted to IARU Region 1 Secretariat by their
deadline of April 2008.  The Conference meets in Nov 2008, when the
proposals would be discussed.

Suggestions please.  We need to consider that any proposals that we make for
Region 1 won't conflict with usage of 136kHz in Regions 2 and  3!

73 John, G3WKL
RSGB HF Manager, IARU Region 1 LF Coordinator.