Re: LF: CLASS D E

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: CLASS D E
From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:26:01 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=eFtu9EZYjOObtFaCtHYaI9ImGQ5o6aMy2E37FUMRmsw=; b=gQzl5jUpRO24MHH98tEwi+x1aNvRYSCj1eN8RJdOBVOO7E0SwqIK71/nkxB7AgngTddlJ0GC/WT6F9XCGkBud/AGaNQsrLs8UDWl5TJqcSfQQWt46LutWm1lqHvvKnKyH6KPOdhTTIjrxu7HJDyJPESLJuQdDYObxO1XM98g/qs=
Sender: [email protected]
Its not difficult to measure RF voltage at this frequency.  A scope
calibration at DC will extrapolate accurately.  Then you can measure I
using a current transformer / resistor.  Getting within a few percent
shouldn't tax any abilities provided you can calibrate a scope at DC.

The mistake I made the time I "saw" 105% efficiency was, I seem to
recall, due to forgetting the 4/pi factor when filtering the
fundamental component out of a square wave - all old history now.

Efficiency in class D/E amplifiers falls when the match is not purely
resistive, and the devices are forced to switch at other than the zero
crossing point of the current waveform.

Andy  G4JNT
www.scrbg.org/g4jnt