LF: XBAND 500

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: XBAND 500
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:57:02 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all
Xband 500/3533 khz started some time back when there was a request from some
EU stns to enable them to have a qso using this method.
Their choice happened to be 3533 at the time and it seems to have stuck. I
added 7033 for the longer haul stns and that also seems to work
satisfactory.
Since then I often hear EU stns calling CQ QSX 500 or CQ MF and I respond to
them when I am about.
This procedure has also been going on for years on 137 khz especially 7033
khz for W and VE contacts during night time.
These frequencies have been established plus/minus qrm so one searches
around the freq. There is no ideal freq and somer QRM is unavoidable.
The GI stations seem to favour 3545 khz.
The bad QRM heard recently from a sounder around 3533 khz seems to have gone
for now.
Stations heard calling xband are DL, SM, LA, G, EI, SV, OK, OM, OH, I1, YU,
UA1, SP, F and VE1.
There are probably others as well, there is more interest than you think
concerning 500 khz and xband is the only way to get a qso at present.
I have heard EU stns calling G stns without results.
Any HF freq would suit me, I am geared up for all bands xband or direct
qso's, I am also vfo on 500 for flexibility, but I will stick to established
procedures for now, except someone has a better idea.
73 de Mal/G3KEV