LF: HF Convention

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: HF Convention
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:25:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I was up at the HF Convention at Wyboston yesterday. Very enjoyable
day and the new venue is fine, the only criticism was that the
lecture rooms were too small (which I gather they are going to remedy
next year).

Apart from a chat with Alan G3NYK I saw nobody else from the LF/MF
crowd - but did see Derek G3HEJ who says he will be QRV on 500k soon.
Conspicuous by its absence was the LF station, unless it was buried
in a room I never found. Were there any plans for a station this
year?

All the LF/MF talks were scheduled for today though so maybe there
were some of the regulars there today. Would be interested in
feedback, hopefully those lectures were standing room as well?

By the way I just had a listen down on 500kHz, Finbar GI4DPE was 599,
gave him a couple of calls but clearly didn't hear me. Then found
Chris G3XIZ calling me so we had a nice chat (and he moaned there was
no HFC station for him to work...). Stonely silence down there again
now apart from the beacons.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com