Re: 500 LF: beacon psk31

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: 500 LF: beacon psk31
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 15:42:51 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 09/09/2007 19:18:59 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
G0MRF

It is an interesting beacon in that it carries different modes (I have yet to resolve the NB RTTY). Oh and BTW this is the PSK31 I am getting David J

“ PSK31 b(con de G0MRF
QTH West London IO91TK
g0mrf@'l.com    ...................... it's not 100%.

fmt
Hello Pete.

Well, that's not bad!  The text has just missed the  ea in beacon and the ao  in aol.com.
Presumably these appear if you copy it a few times.

The "narrow band RTTY" is actually a series of phase reversals to lock the receiver to the PSK31 transmission.  So, If you have the CW QRS and PSK......then you have them all.

Best reception of the PSK31 so far is Ipswich.  Not sure how your QTH compares. I'll check with one of the locator square distance programs.

Typically the PSK is OK for 80km    CW  to 300km  but the QRS is  good to 700km+

Many Thanks

David  MRF

Sorry, no certificates available  (Hi)