LF: BOG - Beverage on the Ground

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: BOG - Beverage on the Ground
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:28:02 +0100 (BST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi LF gang,

In my sked last night with Finbar (best conditions for some weeks) we
discussed mini-beverage antennas laid directly on the ground. I've done
a Google trawl and there's a bit evidence that they work well.

I have a need to keep things low-profile due to all the adjacent fields
being used for sheep, so running a long (100-200m) wire on the ground is
attractive. I could even run it outside the fenceline along the verge
beside the road - I'm in a very rural area.

Does anyone have any experience of using BOGs on 500kHz?

John
Gm4SLV