Re: LF: 500kHz reports 16th/17th Sep

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 500kHz reports 16th/17th Sep
From: Hartmut Wolff <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:00:00 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi David,

> I wonder if you have posted the report for WD2XSH/17 onto the
> reports page at .www.500kc.com.

no I haven't, but I posted a copy of the mail to the 600m group.

> It may encourage someone further > west to try an evening of QRS3
> aimed at Europe.

The activity of the XSH group is low. The "WD2XSH/WE2XGR 600m
Activity" report shows only 5 members of the XSH group active in
September. Some of the members were never or only very few times
active since they got the license on 600m.
I hope there will be more activity from the new XGR license.

> My beacon was the same as usual last night.  7 Watts PEP out of the TX  and
> 5mW radiated.  Only difference now is that as we in the  autumn season the
> house wall becomes damp overnight and detunes the  antenna slightly. However
> the
> antenna is on the Eastern wall of the house, so  perhapa some directivity
> towards you due to 'reflection' ??

In comparison with the rest of the night the signal level 22:15-22:35
was very stable on a high level.

73
Hartmut