LF: ZM2E 22 and 23 September

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: ZM2E 22 and 23 September
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:01:41 +1200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi all readers,

This coming weekend ZM2E will operate from Quartz Hill, looking for DX QSOs. Arrangements are still being finalised as to possible participating stations, from USA westwards to European Russia. Operation is for ZL Saturday and Sunday nights, 22 and 23 September. ZL sunset is 0615z, sunrise 1815z. Hopefully being near the equinox could lead to good DX.

ZM2E is likely to consistently use 0.2 Hz FSK with 137776.2 and 137776.0 Hz emission. We will QSY fractional Hz only if we think we could get QRM from someone else.

If ZM2E is not engaged in a QSO in remaining time before ZL sunrise at 1815z we will change to FSK120 beacon mode, sending ZZZ... with timing of the first element of a Z being on the hour, and each ten minutes thereafter (but noting 2 minute latency using Argo with 120 second dot length). We are interested in reception reports from any captures on 137.776 kHz.

With mixed feelings, dismantling of Quartz Hill HF antennas starts this weekend. Antennas need to be removed to give clear site conditions for wind turbine development works. The ZM2E activity this weekend is likely to be the last from existing site infrastructure.

73, Bob ZL2CA