LF: 500 Daytime UK-EA test

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500 Daytime UK-EA test
From: "Jose Manuel" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 02:17:56 +0200
Cc: "Finbar" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Hello all,

As I announced previously, I moved this afternoon to a location, in the countryside, some 10 km away, where a local ham, EA1LQ, has a station. When we arrived there, at 16:00UTC, we sadly found all the band invaded by a terrible noise, with very strong spectral lines every 100Hz, that prevented any signal reception. But suddenly, at 17:30, this noise dissapeared, and signals from Mike,GW4HXO, were copied by ear, on 501.270 kHz, sending continuosly VVV de GW4HXO,  until 19:00UTC, when I switch the RX off. A  trace was seen, with  Argo, on 501.5 kHz, some 10 dB weaker, but not copied by ear, perhaps the signals from Rog, GW3UEP? Nothing received from Finbar, GI4DPE.

Location data: IN53RH, 43º18´25.83"N, 8º34´06.82"W
Estimated path length with GW4HXO : 984km, I think only 3km ground path.
RX: IC7000, tuned to 10.500MHz, receiving signal from a home made converter with a 510kHz LPF and a 10Mhz TCXO LO.
The vertical antenna was damaged, so we had to use an almost horizontal (20-30º) HF "Delta" antenna!

73 de José, EA1PX, IN53ti